Apr 4, 2015 1:22 PM by News Staff
SAN DIEGO (AP) - San Diego investigators say an apartment fire that injured seven people including a baby was caused by a cigarette igniting an oxygen tube.
The U-T San Diego newspaper reports the blaze Friday night started in a first-floor apartment of the 19-unit building in Pacific Beach.
Lee Swanson, spokesman for the Fire-Rescue Department, says two adults and the infant were transported to a hospital with unknown injuries. Four other victims were treated at the scene.
Crews knocked down the flames in about 20 minutes.
Investigators determined the fire was accidental.
The entire two-story building had smoke damage. Initial estimates place the damage at $850,000 to the building and $50,000 to contents.
The Red Cross is assisting displaced residents.
Copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
2 days ago