4 people escape Red Bluff house fire

May 27, 2014 11:47 AM

A fire destroyed a bed room and caused major damage to a Red Bluff home Monday night.

The Red Bluff Fire Department was dispatched to a fire at 2525 Wildwood Ave. in Red Bluff just after 9:15 p.m. Monday. Fire crews arrived to find smoke coming from an upstairs bedroom. They contained the fire in about 20 minutes, but stayed on the scene to conduct an investigation for almost two hours.

The Red Bluff Fire Department believes the fire was the result of a candle left burning on top of a dresser.

Six people lived in the home, but only four were home at the time of the fire and all were able to escape uninjured along with the family dog.

Fire officials estimate the fire caused $50,000 worth of damage.


Most Popular