2 Who Die in Truckee Due to Carbon Monoxide ID'd

Nov 30, 2013 12:06 PM

TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) - A criminal investigation into the deaths of two men in Truckee due to carbon monoxide poisoning last month is nearing an end.

Police say the gas that killed 69-year-old Albert Senzatimore of San Jose and 57-year-old Gary Trovinger of Los Gatos originated from a heater in a Tahoe Donner subdivision home.

According to police, a contractor without a building permit or approved plans had previously installed a door in the mechanical room space where the heater is located.

Investigators say when the residents turned on the heater after the work was performed, the house filled with carbon monoxide that killed the two Oct. 26.


Most Popular