Dec 9, 2015 12:32 PM by News Staff
Two men were seriously injured when a butane honey oil lab exploded in a travel trailer in Shingletown Tuesday night.
Cal Fire Shasta crews were called to the 27000 block of Gail Lane just after 8 p.m. By the time crews had arrived, the blaze had been knocked down by residents and neighbors.
Despite the quick containment, two men were seriously burned and have been transported to the UC Davis Burn center. One of the men has been identified as Juan Sanders, of Shingletown, the other man’s identity is unknown.
Agents with the Shasta County Interagency Narcotics Task Force found evidence indicating a honey oil lab was being run in the travel trailer. SINTF Commander Les James says agents found 20 pounds of marijuana, 60 cans of butane, and five firearms.
Fire officials estimate the fire did roughly $5,000 worth of damage.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to contact SINTF at 530-722-9161.