LOS ANGELES (AP) - A woman has been arrested in the investigation of the beating of a 92-year-old man in Southern California.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department says detectives took 30-year-old Laquisha Jones into custody late Tuesday in Los Angeles and booked her into jail for investigation of assault with a deadly weapon.
Rodolfo Rodriguez was beaten around 7:30 p.m. July 4 on a sidewalk in the unincorporated Willowbrook area.
A witness made a video of Rodriguez moments later as he sat on the ground dazed, his face bloodied. The witness said the assailant struck him several times on the head with a brick. Three or four men reportedly also joined the attack.
The Sheriff's Department says the motive remains unknown.
Jones remains jailed in lieu of $200,000 bail.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Woman arrested in Los Angeles-area beating of elderly man
- Los Angeles police arrest man after fatal music studio fire
- Paradise Elderly Man Found
- Los Angeles police officers deliver baby
- Caught on camera: Los Angeles purse snatcher
- Pro-life rally held in Los Angeles
- Harvey Weinstein statement art in Los Angeles
- UPDATE: Deputies Found Missing Elderly Man
- Elderly Los Molinos pit bull helps fight off intruder
- Los Angeles Zoo euthanizes entire herd of threatened goats