LOS ANGELES - Verne Troyer, the actor best known for playing Mini Me in the “Austin Powers” films has died at the age of 49, according to his official Facebook account.
A post on his Facebook page said the actor passed away on Saturday.
The Los Angeles Times reported that Troyer was hospitalized in early April.
The actor who starred in “Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me” and “Austin Powers in Goldmember,” has also been in commercials, Comic Cons and even YouTube videos.
“Depression and Suicide are very serious issues. You never know what kind of battle someone is going through inside. Be kind to one
another. And always know, it’s never too late to reach out to someone for help.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHP CALLING ARREST AN 'UNUSUAL INCIDENT'
- CHICO SAVEMART ROBBERY ARREST
- BUTTE COUNTY’S MOST WANTED CRIMINALS
- Verne Troyer, Actor Who Played Mini Me in 'Austin Powers' dead at age 49
- 'Glee' actor Mark Salling found dead while facing prison for child pornography
- Charles Manson dead at the age of 83
- Screen Actors Guild Awards taps first host: Kristen Bell
- 'Kindergarten Cop' actor, films new movie in Redding
- John Gavin, actor who became ambassador to Mexico, has died
- Young actors prepare for the opening night of "Annie Jr."
- Actor Leonardo DiCaprio Supports Carr Fire Relief Efforts
- '40-Year-Old Virgin' Actor Out on Parole for Attempted Murder
- 'Handi-Riders' need help paying bills for mini horses, used for special needs kids