MOSCOW—The United States, Canada and Mexico will jointly host the 2026 World Cup.
FIFA Member Federations voted Wednesday in favor of the North American bid over Morocco.
The 2026 World Cup will have 48 teams playing a total of 80 games.
There are 60 games planned for America and 10 planned for Canada and Mexico.
All three of the hosting countries should get automatic places in the lineup.
The hosting countries will also each host a game on opening day.
Morocco lost again with its fifth bid campaign in the past 30 years.
Stay with Action News Now for Coverage you can Count on. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- U.S. Set to Host World Cup in 2026
- France wins 2nd World Cup title, beats Croatia 4-2
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- Chico supports World AIDS Day
- Chico Elks Lodge host of Veterans
- Chico State hosts panel to discuss homelessness
- Ridge Quilters to host Holiday Home Tour
- Chico State hosting a 24-hour fundraising effort
- 4-H club hosts Orland ‘Bowl-A-Thon’
- Salvation Army Chico hosts 5K race