Zachary Almand and Jakobie Rhodes entered a contest that challenges high school students across the state to create a 60-second video aimed at increasing education awareness of California special districts.
Their video highlighted the Chico Recreation and Park District as an example of how special districts ‘Make a Difference’ in their communities.
The video won second place after a month long public voting period.
It featured footage of special district facilities and featured Chico residents actively engaged in special district programs.
They will each be awarded a $1,000 scholarship prize at a press event in front of their classmates, teachers, and local government representatives Wednesday January 17th at 2:45 p.m. at Pleasant Valley High School in Chico.
- Two Pleasant Valley High seniors win $1,000 scholarship
- Pleasant Valley High girls, boys compete for basketball state title
- Pleasant Valley Boys Basketball Team Captures State Title
- Scholarships for Future Teachers
- North Valley Health Education Foundation accepting scholarship applications
- Chromebooks for High School Students in Chico
- Pleasant Weather for the 1st of December
- Staying very pleasant through your Easter Weekend!