WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump is urging his followers to inform rapper Jay-Z that "because of my policies," unemployment among black Americans is at the "LOWEST RATE EVER RECORDED!"
The president's tweet Sunday appears to be in response to a CNN interview in which the rapper said the president's vulgar comments about African countries and Haiti were "disappointing" and "hurtful."
Jay-Z said on the debut episode of "The Van Jones Show" on Saturday that lower unemployment among blacks doesn't make up for the president's attitude. Jay-Z says, "It's not about money at the end of the day," and it "doesn't equate to happiness."
The black unemployment rate of 6.8 percent is the lowest on record and has reached levels not seen since the end of President Bill Clinton's administration.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Trump wants Jay-Z to know black jobless rate at record low
- Marvel's Black Panther breaking records and stereotypes
- Small Business Administration Low-Interest Loans
- Massive bridge demolition recorded
- Record Temperatures for February
- Super-size Black Hole discovered
- California’s unemployment rate decreased last month
- Tax rates and responsibilities for cannabis business
- Record breaking heat possible today