NEW YORK (AP) - Trump financial disclosure lists reimbursement to attorney Michael Cohen, who paid hush money to Stormy Daniels.
President Donald Trump has filed a financial disclosure report that reveals a payment to his personal attorney, Michael Cohen. The value of the payment ranged from $100,001 to $250,000.
Trump attorney Rudy Giuliani revealed earlier this month that Trump repaid Cohen for a $130,000 hush money payment to porn star Stormy Daniels. Daniels says she had an affair with the president. Trump denies it.
The mandatory filing says that "in 2016 expenses were incurred by one of Donald J. Trump's attorneys, Michael Cohen. It says Trump "fully reimbursed Mr. Cohen in 2017."
The Office of Government Ethics has also concluded that the payment to Cohen "meets the disclosure requirement for a reportable liability." The disclosure was not included in Trump's 2017 filing.
President Donald Trump has submitted his annual financial disclosure to the U.S. Office of Government Ethics and it's expected to be made public in the coming days.
Trump's disclosure includes all of 2017 and part of 2018.
The document is being closely watched by ethics experts to see whether it discloses the $130,000 paid to porn star Stormy Daniels on his behalf by his attorney Michael Cohen.
Ethics experts say that if that money isn't disclosed, Trump could be in violation of ethics laws for failing to disclose a reportable item, a violation for which others have been prosecuted.
Trump's previous report, covering January 2016 through the first few months of 2017, showed he had at least $1.4 billion in assets and at least $594 million in income.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press.)
- Trump Financials List Reimbursement to Michael Cohen
- Top financial New Years resolutions
- Golden Globes: The winners list
- Trump: 'There was nothing to hide!' regarding Michael Flynn
- Local financial advisor talks stock market ups and downs
- Members 1st Credit Union Makes Award-Winning Financial Literacy Program Free for Local Classrooms
- Keep Holiday Stress Off Your List This Year
- SEE LIST: Fireworks Shows Wednesday Night in the North State
- Update: All People from Carr Fire Missing Person's List Found
- Tehama Co. DA Gregg Cohen won’t seek re-election