If you enjoy trivia then you will love the 11th annual Trivia Bee for Literacy in Chico on Friday, November 17th. Doors open at 6 p.m., competition begins at 7 p.m. at the Sierra Nevada Brewery Big Room.
Teams of three will compete for the prestigious title of "2017 Trivia Champions of Butte County". The trivia isn't just about literature either. The questions cover everything from science, history and geography to music and pop culture.
Action News Now Noon News Anchor Linda Watkins-Bennett will be playing on a team that will include California State Librian Greg Lucas.
Individuals can also play along for fun, but not as part of the official competition, by simply buying a ticket.
Funds raised will be used to provide learning materials, resources and support for adults and children in our community working to improve their basic reading and writing skills in Butte County.
There will be hors doeuvres served and a raffle at the Trivia Bee.
The cost to enter a team in the competition is $300. Tickets to attend the event are $30 and are available at triviabeeforliteracy.eventbrite.com. You can call (888) 538-7198 for more information.
- Trivia Bee to raise funds for literacy programs
- Online trivia game goes viral
- Members 1st Credit Union Makes Award-Winning Financial Literacy Program Free for Local Classrooms
- Orland buzzes for bees at the Honey Bee Festival
- Licence plate program generating much-needed funds in Shasta County
- Vandals topple Prunedale beehives, kill 200,000 bees
- Honey bees are dying, company says it has the answer
- 16th Annual Patrick Ranch Threshing Bee is Saturday
- Spillway Repair Funding in Question