For the first time, we're seeing surveillance video of what authorities say is Sherri Papini minutes before she was found.
Shasta County Sheriff's Office released the video taken by the Jehovah's Witness Church located on 13980 County Road 99 west in Woodland C.a.
The Sheriff's Office says the video was captured on November 24th, 2016 at 4:15 a-m.
In the background, you can faintly see Papini walking toward what officials say is the church on county road 99W.
Officials say the only camera that captured her was on the south side of the building.
After Papini goes out of view for roughly 50 seconds, you can see her running towards the same direction she came from. Officials say she is heading south on Highway 99 toward the Interstate 5 northbound on-ramp.
On November 24th 2016 at 4:22 a.m. the Yolo County law enforcement received a 911 call from a trucker that stopped to assist Papini found on the northbound on-ramp to I-5, officials said.
Last year, the Shasta County Sheriff's Office said in a press conference that Papini was released by her captors on that Thanksgiving morning. "We learned she was released by her captor, on a rural road near I-5 in Yolo County. She was bound with restraints, but was able to summon help from a passing motorist," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said on November 24th, 2016.
This year, those "restraints" were described in a press release that the Shasta County Sheriff's Office sent out on October 25th, 2017.
It says Papini was dressed in light grey sweatpants and a dark grey sweatshirt with a chain around her waist and her left wrists was tethered with a zip tie. Officials also say she had hose clamps around her ankles which appeared to have acted as restraints during her days in captivity.
We spoke with the Shasta County Sheriff's Office lead investigator on this case. He says they released this video to corroborate information they've already released, and they hope this generates more tips.
- Surveillance Video Released of Sherri Papini
- Sherri Papini: One Year Later
- Locals react to newly-released Sherri Papini video
- Surveillance video of road rage incident in Missouri
- Report: Social media surveillance unfairly targeted Muslims
- CUSD to Step-Up Campus Surveillance
- Dash Cam Video Released of Self-Driving Uber Fatality
- Royal Wedding details released
- Anderson Police starts surveillance at local Walmart to prevent car thefts
- U.N. command releases dramatic video from one of the most dangerous borders in the world