The final weekend of November still brought us some warm temperatures and above normal conditions for Saturday, but more clouds continue to work their way through the region ahead of the next big weather system. We've seen some scattered showers come through this morning, but nothing major. The heavier precip still looks to progress into NorCal late Saturday evening and into early Sunday morning.
Shower activity will become widespread across the region Sunday morning. We'll pick up most of our precip totals through the midday hours. Models still in agreement with Valley locations getting about 1.00" of rain, around 1.50-2.00" for Paradise, the Ridge and our Mountains/Foothills. Winds are going to be quite strong also, we'll see sustained winds between 15-25mph in the Valley. Higher elevations will see strong winds as well, between 40-50mph, and much stronger gusts closer to 60-70mph. We'll see the rain eventually turn to snow late Sunday/early Monday morning as temperatures drop.
The Sierra looks like it should pick up several inches of snowfall across the high terrain. Lassen Park looks like it will see between 12-18 inches, with Donner Pass area picking up around 4-8 inches.
Some scattered showers hang around through the midday hours Monday, but we should get a little sunshine back in the forecast. Monday still looks like it will hold some cooler temperatures, but we rebound nicely into the midweek forecast. Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday should bring back some 60° high temps with sunny skies and calmer conditions. We dry out for the midweek but we're already tracking the next storm heading our way into the first weekend of December. This one looks much weaker and should carry the heavy rain, but cooler temps and some showers will return quickly.
- Strong Storm Moves In Sunday
- Winter Storm bringing heavy snow for Sunday
- High Fire Danger and Strong Winds
- Cloudy, Cooler for Sunday
- Taste of Redding is Sunday
- Heavy showers & strong winds ahead for your Wednesday
- Oroville Strong still working to bring change out of tragedy
- 'Black Panther' stays strong with $108M in second weekend
- Strong winds & much cooler temperatures ahead for your Thursday
- Cold Weather Moving out, Hay fever Moving in