MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - Sheila E. says Justin Timberlake reached out to her after she tweeted that Prince didn't want to be turned into a hologram and says she wants the public to know that there won't be one used during Sunday's Super Bowl halftime show.
TMZ reported Saturday that Timberlake was set to use a hologram of Prince during his halftime know performance Sunday.
But Sheila E. says in an interview The Associated Press that Prince told her he didn't want to be turned into a hologram for religious reasons.
Timberlake said he looked up to Prince and admired him during a press conference days ago in Minnesota.
Hologram of A-list celebrities have appeared in recent years, from Tupac Shakur to Roy Orbison, whose hologram is set to go on a tour.
(Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sheila E: Timberlake won't use Prince hologram at Super Bowl
- Justin Timberlake pays tribute to Prince during Super Bowl halftime
- Justin Timberlake rinde tributo a Prince en el Super Bowl
- Timberlake's no Prince but the Eagles are Super Bowl kings
- Timberlake rules out 'N Sync reunion at Super Bowl show
- Here for the super bowl halftime show with Justin Timberlake
- Justin Timberlake will probably make bank off the Super Bowl
- Nikki Haley is in total awe of Justin Timberlake's Super Bowl performance
- Sheila Nevins makes HBO exit official
- Brain Holograms May One Day Help Blind See, Paralyzed Feel