LEXINGTON, Neb. (AP) - A Northern California man has been arrested in south-central Nebraska and charged with possession of marijuana for sale.
Lexington radio station KRVN reports that 60-year-old Curtis Dixon, of Redding, California, was taken into custody Wednesday night about a mile (1.6 kilometers) east of the Cozad interchange on Interstate 80. Online jail records say he remained in Dawson County custody Friday. Court records don't list the name of attorney who could comment for Dixon.
His preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 20.
The Nebraska State Patrol says a trooper pulled over Dixon's eastbound pickup truck and soon smelled marijuana. A search of the vehicle turned up 48 pounds (21.8 kilograms) of pot. Most of it was in five large trash bags under a sheet of plywood in the truck bed.
- Redding man arrested in Nebraska with 48 pounds of pot
- Christmas pot couple make appearance in Nebraska court
- I-94 traffic stop in North Dakota yields 200 pounds of pot
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- One man arrested after homicide in Redding
- Redding Man Arrested for Attempted Carjacking
- Redding man arrested for assaulting, threatening officers
- Redding puts off commercial pot sales for one more year
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest