Redding Police have located Castin Jonathan Obar, suspected of starting an apartment fire this morning. According to their Facebook page, information will follow as the investigation continues.
It was a typical Thursday morning for folks on Del Paso Place in Redding.
Until around 9:40, when neighbors say they heard a bang.
“A large boom like the back windows had blown out. Then someone beating on my door, I was just laying and was like I better see what’s going on.” said neighbor Howard Rucks.
That’s when a blanket of smoke brought neighbors outside.
“I see nothing but black smoke barreling out of the apartment, there were tons of fire trucks tons of people coming down the street but there was mostly a lot of black smoke,” said neighbor Tanya Peterson.
Redding Fire say the fire began inside one of the back units of this four plex apartment, then spread to the attic.
But while crews were trying to contain the fire, Redding Police were on the hunt for this man.
22-year-old Castin Jonathan Obar.
Who some neighbors say is the tenant’s grandson.
Police say Obar was last seen heading northbound on Churn Creek towards Hartnell drive.
He was seen wearing blue jeans, and a light blue shirt.
Redding Fire has confirmed Obar does live at the residence, but don't have any other information at this time.
If this is arson, police have yet to release a motive.
If you see O’bar or have any information on this case you are asked to call Redding Police.
- UPDATE: Redding Police Locate Possible Arson Suspect
- UPDATE: Redding Police Identified Burglary Suspect
- UPDATE: Suspect killed in officer-involved shooting with Redding Police
- Police locate suspect in Redding after a spree of car burglaries
- Redding Police searching for stabbing suspect
- Redding Police search for armed robbery suspect
- Suspects Arrested in Redding Police K-9 Poisoning
- Redding Police Searching for Stabbing Suspect
- Redding Police Search for Burglary Suspect
- Redding Police Searching for Shooting Suspect