Photo Gallery 1 Images
Redding, Calif.—A fundraiser to benefit a CHP officer and his wife battling cancer will be taking place Saturday in Anderson.
Fred Lazo and his wife Wendy are both battling cancer.
Fred Lazo is a CHP officer in Redding.
The couple has five children together. Their youngest is just three months old.
Wendy Lazo was diagnosed with cancer after the birth of their last child.
Wendy has to travel to Arizona for her treatments.
Family and friends set up a fundraiser for the family at Volonte Park in Anderson for Saturday.
The funds raised will help the family with their travels back and forth from Arizona.
The event will be going on all day starting at 7:30 a.m. with a pancake breakfast.
They will also be selling tri-tip sandwiches in the afternoon.
The fundraiser will go on until 7 p.m. Saturday night.
Stay with Action News Now for all of your local coverage. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
Here is the families Go Fund Me Page if you would like to give.
- Redding Parents of Five Children both Diagnosed with Cancer
- Melanoma remains Australia's 'national cancer' with 14,000 diagnosed each year
- A new device can diagnose cases of severe stroke
- Valley woman hospitalized after being diagnosed with flesh-eating disease
- Neil Diamond diagnosed with Parkinson's, retires from touring
- Walk while counting backward to diagnose this type of dementia
- Health Officials: Most Teens Suffering From Depression Not Properly Diagnosed
- Parents with late-stage cancer share one last family adventure
- Parents arrested for trying to sell children for drugs
- Woman helps parents of asthmatic children following son's death