Redding, Calif --Redding Police say around 10:12 a.m. an officer was conducting extra patrol at the Vagabond Inn off Bechelli Lane. He initiated a traffic stop in the area of the motel for expired and suspended registration. Police say the driver was 32-year-old Eric Hancock of Redding.
Police say during the stop, Hancock tried reaching for a backpack under his seat. Hancock was detained before he could get to the backpack which officers found two loaded handguns, 2.7 ounces of meth, and 0.5 ounces of heroin. In the vehicle, officers also found drug packaging material, a digital scale, prescription, and cash.
During the investigation, officers also learned that Hancock was associated with a room at the Vagabond Inn. Police say when officers went to the room, they contacted 22-year-old Haley Tyrell of Shasta Lake.
The Redding Police Department Neighborhood Police Unit served a search warrant a short time later. During the search of Hancock's room, officers found two more handguns, ammunition, drug items, additional quantities of meth and prescription pills including morphine.
Hancock was arrested and booked into the Shasta County jail for being a convicted felon in possession of a firearm, possessing a concealed firearm, possession of meth for sale as well as several other charges.
Tyrrell was arrested and booked into the Shasta County jail for being a drug addict in possession of a firearm and for possession of morphine.
- Redding Gun And Drug Arrest
- Red Bluff Drug Bust
- Man in Humboldt County arrested with drugs and loaded guns
- Redding Police Arrest Suspected Drug Dealer After Two Month Investigation
- Redding Physician arrested
- Redding Residential Burglary Arrest
- Redding neighborhood watch group uncovers drug house
- Alleged Drug Addict Found with Possible Stolen Gun at Redding Carl’s Jr: RPD
- Arrest Made in Redding Shooting
- Redding Police arrest "Habitual Thief"