Redding police are investigating an early morning shooting death.
Officers responded to a report of shots fires in the area of Lake Boulevard and Oasis Road just before 3:30 a.m. Friday morning. They heard additional shots in the area when they arrived, but could not find the source.
30 minutes later a vehicle arrived at Mercy Medical Center with a 30 year old man who had been shot. He was rushed into the emergency room but did not survive.
Police responded and say they are gathering evidence at a number of Redding area locations, and that they are also conducting interviews.
The preliminary investigation indicates no outstanding suspects and that those involved have been contacted by police.
The victims name won't be released until an autopsy is performed and family is notified.
Meanwhile, anyone with information is asked to contact the Redding Police Department at (530) 225-4200
- Redding Death Investigation Underway
- Police Are Investigating Death of Red Bluff Woman
- Major Sewer Project Gets Underway in Redding, Could Cause Delays
- Red Bluff Round UP Underway at the Rodeo Grounds
- Man Found Shot to Death in Redding
- Redding Contractor Under Investigation for Environmental Damage
- Red Bluff Police Investigate Possible Murder-Suicide
- Redding Investigators Determine Cause of House Fire
- BCSO: Suspicious death investigation in Oroville
- Police investigating "suspicious death" in Chico