The North State Symphony will perform its second Masterworks Concert this weekend, titled "Infectious Rhythms".
It's described as a "rhythmic frenzy" that starts with images of a Roman carnival and then features violinist Chloé Trevor on a new concerto by Redding's own Dan Pinkston. Chloé then goes on to perform Ravel's showpiece, Tzigane. The suite from Igor Stravinsky's first ballet, Firebird, closes the concert. The Butte MTAC Youth Orchestra and the Shasta College Chamber Strings will also join the NSS in Moncayo's Huapango.
Chloé Trevor, Violin
MTAC Youth Orchestra, Butte County
Yoshie Muratani, Director
Shasta College Chamber Strings
Matthew Brooks, Director
Berlioz: Roman Carnival Overture
Pinkston: Concerto for Violin and Orchestra (World Premiere!)
Stravinsky: Firebird Suite (1919)
Performances are Saturday, November 11th at 7:30 in Laxson Auditorium on the CSU, Chico campus, and Sunday, November 12th at 2 p.m. at Redding's Cascade Theatre.
Symphony Music Director, Maestro Scott Seaton, will give a free pre-concert talk one hour before each performance.
Tickets are $30 at 530.898.5984 or www.northstatesymphony.org.
- North State Symphony performs "Infectious Rhythms" this weekend
- North State Symphony Final Performances of the Season this Weekend
- Frugal House to benefit North State Symphony
- North Sate Symphony gets a loud surprise
- Many North State businesses are celebrating veterans this weekend
- Paradise community chorus holiday performance
- North State Christmas Dinner Traditions
- North State Economic Forecast Conference
- North state residents seeking citizenship