We have new information on last week's fatal hit-and-run that left one man dead on the streets of Chico.
It turns out, the person believed to be responsible turned himself in less than 24-hours after Thursday’s incident, but investigators are just releasing that information today.
Police say they will not release the identity of the suspect until charges are filed.
An elderly man died after he was struck near the East Avenue-Esplanade intersection during the early morning hours Thursday.
His identity is still being withheld pending family notification.
The next day, however, police say the driver of a white 2003 Ford Explorer, walked in to the police department and admitted to being the person responsible.
The driver also told investigators where they could find the SUV, which is now being processed as evidence.
- New information on fatal hit-and-run in Chico
- Fatal Hit and Run Reported in Oroville
- Chico homeless man killed in Hit & Run
- Fatal hit and run in Chico closes down part of East Avenue
- CHP Oroville investigating fatal hit-and-run, 1 man dead
- Gridley Police Searching for Suspect in Fatal Hit and Run
- Gridley Woman Pleads Not Guilty to Fatal Hit and Run
- Oroville Family Speaks Out After Fatal Hit & Run
- Redding DUI Hit and Run