Photo Gallery 3 Images
Redding, Calif.—One of the most dangerous professions on earth is the job of a lineman.
These people maintain and repair the electrical system.
On April 18th you can show your appreciation for Redding Electric Utilities electric linemen, and linemen in the north state for National Lineman Appreciation Day.
National Linemen Appreciation Day was adopted in 2013 as a way for electric customers around the country to thank the men and women who work on the electrical distribution systems.
These men and women ensure on a daily basis there is electricity when customers want it, or that the occasional outage is a short as possible.
Redding Electric Utilities employs about 24 linemen who respond to power outages at any hour day or night, on weekends, holidays, whether it’s raining, bitter cold, or a scorching heatwave.
Use the hashtag #thankalinemen or #NationalLinemenAppreciationDay on Twitter or Facebook.
You can also wave at them, say hello, or thank them for a job well done.
Three REU linemen work to reattach an electric line to a pole
REU Lineman Rob Baber working in a bucket truck
- National Lineman Appreciation Day
- Annual Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon honors hundreds
- National Peanut Butter Day
- It's National Pizza Day
- National Puppy Day
- BCSO honors members at annual awards & appreciation ceremony
- Firefighter and EMS Appreciation Luncheon Planned for Wednesday
- It's National Hot Chocolate Day
- Chico students celebrate National Pink Shirt Day
- Oroville students gather for National History Day