CHICO, Calif. - Whether your favorite flavor is “turtle, Chico mint, mint chip.”
There’s no denying the power of ice cream and the joy it gives people, especially on National Ice Cream Day.
And Shubert’s Ice Cream in downtown Chico offered a sweet deal for their customers.
“The deal is 2:30 to 5 p.m., if you come in you, get a scoop of ice cream for a dollar and if you buy the first one at its original price which is $2.95,” said Kendall Young, an employee of Shubert’s Ice Cream and Candy.
A tasty deal that left one little girl speechless. But how can you pick? Ice cream has been around for thousands of years dating back to the Persian Empire when they would put snow in a bowl pour grape juice over it and eat it as a treat.
And with more than 30 flavors available at Shubert’s for those with a sweet tooth, it leaves everybody enjoying that ice cream.
“I love ice cream it’s hard not to eat it a lot and I think I have the right job,” Young said.
- National Ice Cream Day Celebrated in Chico
- Chico students celebrate National Pink Shirt Day
- Shubert's Ice Cream & Candy to open second location in Chico
- People Attempting to Use Counterfeit Bills at Chico’s Shubert’s Ice Cream: Police
- National Flag Day Celebrated in Willows
- International Women's Day celebration at Chico State
- Celebrate National Puppy Day with Action News Now
- National Peanut Butter Day
- It's National Pizza Day
- National Puppy Day