VERSAILLES, Ohio - Well, this situation just stinks.
Thousands of pounds of manure fell out of the back of a semi and this went on for 10-miles.
This a view from the helicopter in the village of Versailles.
Village leaders said the truck's tailgate apparently opened while it was driven over an area where the road was rough from construction.
Officials say no waterways were impacted.
They consulted with the Ohio EPA, and everyone agreed that appropriate action would be to wash off manure from the road.
Workers reloaded most of the manure and took it to a nearby farm.
- 10 miles of manure scattered in Ohio road
- Suspicious package to Mnuchin turns out to be manure
- Scattered showers linger in your Tuesday forecast
- Much cooler with scattered showers lingering today
- Cooler, with scattered rain and snow showers today
- Scattered showers & gusty South winds ahead for your Thursday
- Calif. big-rig crash scatters McDonald's fries by freeway
- Equipment failure at Ohio hospital destroys embryos
- Caught On Cam: Ohio Officer Dragged
- 5.8 magintude quake strikes 100 miles off California coast