WASHINGTON (AP) - President Donald Trump's former campaign chairman is suing special counsel Robert Mueller and the Justice Department.
Paul Manafort alleges in the lawsuit that Mueller exceeded his authority by investigating him for conduct that was not related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
Manafort was indicted in October and has pleaded not guilty.
The suit was filed Wednesday in federal court in Washington.
Manafort's lawyer did not immediately return a call seeking comment, and a spokesman for Mueller's office declined to comment.
- Manafort sues Mueller, Justice Department over Russia probe
- House panel to release memo on FBI Russia probe
- Lawyer: California man in Russia probe 'has made mistakes'
- Mystery writer Sue Grafton dies in California
- California sues Trump Administration over Citizenship Query
- Student Sues Yuba City High Teacher, District
- Action News Now Movie Review: Justice League
- Justices: No definitive ruling on partisan districts
- Misconduct probe of California senator concludes
- CSUC Agriculture department gets million dollar gift