TORRANCE, Calif. (AP) - A man has died after Torrance police shocked him with a Taser.
Police say officers were called to a Crate & Barrel store in the Los Angeles suburb Monday afternoon by a report of a man in the parking lot holding a knife and throwing items.
When officers arrived, the man refused their commands and ran off.
Police say officers tackled the man and during a fight, he tried to grab an officer's gun and was shocked with a Taser. His arms and legs were then restrained.
Police say the man began having breathing problems and died at a hospital. His name hasn't released.
The cause of death is under investigation.
Police say they found drugs and a knife at the scene.
- Man dies after Torrance police use stun gun on him
- Ohio Police Officer accidentally uses a stun gun on partner
- 500+ Guns Confiscated in SoCal by Police
- Massachusetts Police Officer Shot and Killed with Own Gun: Police
- Man with Stolen Gun Runs Away from Police After Confronting Ex-Girlfriend: Chico PD
- Northern White Rhino Dies
- Chico Police Respond to Neighborhood with Guns Drawn
- Man Dies After Car Hits Median on Skyway
- Willows Man Dies After Car Overturns on Glenn-Colusa Canal
- Humboldt County SWAT team parole man with drugs and guns