Butte County, Calif.-- District Attorney Mike Ramsey says 43 year old John Gieck pleaded no contest to felony counts of driving under the influence causing death and hit and run.
Back on May 5th, 2018 Gieck was driving south on Highway 99 and struck the vehicle of a 32 year old woman from Chico that had both of her parents inside. Her 68 year old father died.
After the crash Gieck hid in the nearby Gridley-Biggs Cemetery.
Authorities say his blood alcohol level at the time of the crash was approximately .14 percent.
Gieck faces 11 years in state prison.
- Man Enters Plea To DUI Death, Hit And Run
- Redding DUI Hit and Run
- Man Arrested for Felony DUI and Hit and Run
- Chico homeless man killed in Hit & Run
- CHP: DUI hit-and-run driver arrested after head-on crash at Oro Bangor Hwy
- DUI arrest while another DUI driver hits a patrol vehicle nearby
- Redding Man Arrested for DUI Causing Injury
- Friend remembers man killed in Biggs hit and run
- CHP Oroville investigating fatal hit-and-run, 1 man dead
- Fatal Hit and Run Reported in Oroville