Chico Calif.—A California lawmaker is pushing legislation to stop child predators from working in schools.
Senator Mike Morrell from Rancho Cucamonga has written the Sexual Abuse Free Education or Safe Act.
It aims to ramp up the screening and hiring process for school employees.
It will ensure predators with a history of child sex abuse cannot stay in the system.
The bill proposes that records of allegations and investigations into misconduct would be disclosed to any future potential education employer.
Similar legislation passed in other states.
It will head to the State Education Committee next week.
- Legislation to Stop Child Predators from Working in Schools
- School Safety Legislation Proposed in State Assembly
- Officers Working to Stop Car Thefts
- Accident involving school bus stops traffic
- Brown, Legislative Leaders Reach California Budget Deal
- Cohasset Road Work: Expect Delays
- Staying Safe While Working Outdoors
- California legislators to host open forum at Butte College on opioid epidemic
- Covered California Bus stopping in Chico Today
- Chico traffic stop leads to drug arrest