The Almanor Ranger District will be removing the Almanor Boat Ramp for the season on December 5th.
The ramp is not designed to withstand the winter conditions that are experienced at Lake Almanor.
Boaters will still be able to enjoy access via the Canyon Dam Boat Launch, which is free of charge to use.
The ramp is located on the southernmost end of Lake Almanor, the Canyon Dam Boat Ramp will remain open for the winter season.
The Canyon Dam Boat Launch access road is located just southeast of Rocky Point Campground on Highway 89.
The Almanor Ranger District anticipates returning the Almanor Boat Ramp to service in late April 2018.
- Lake Almanor boat ramp closing for the winter
- Highway 89 Closed at Lake Almanor for Bridge Replacement Project
- WATCH VIDEO: Traffic safety issues at Lake Almanor's Spillway Bridge
- Almanor Ranger District seeking summer campground hosts
- New House Boat on Shasta Lake Sleeps 22
- Boating Safety on Local Waterways
- Boating Safety Unit honored for Search and Rescue Efforts on Shasta Lake
- Update: 5 Rescued at Lake Oroville From Boat Crash; At Least 1 Dead
- UPDATE: Memorial Service for Man who Died in Boat Crash at Lake Oroville
- Justice Dept ramps up pressure on so-called sanctuary cities