ANDERSON, Calif. - A reckless driver out of the Anderson area has been arrested on Friday after a routine traffic stop quickly turned into a high-speed chase.
According to the Anderson Police Department (APD), at about 9:30 p.m. an officer attempted to pull over a 1993 Isuzu Trooper that was recklessly driving at the intersection of Bruce Street and Emily Drive.
The driver identified as Matthew Christopher Humble, 29, of Anderson failed to stop and sped away from police, said APD.
Humble drove westbound on Olinda Road and then southbound onto West Anderson Drive, but then made a U-Turn a mile later and began driving 90 mph northbound on West Anderson Drive.
Humble drove off the road and into the field in the area of Olinda and Peter Pan Gulch Roads where he crossed a small creek in the vehicle and ran on foot into a brush.
Arriving officers told Humble that if he did not surrender then K-9 “Aero” would find and take him into custody.
The threat alone caused Humble to surrender and come out of the brush and tell officers that he did not want to get bit, according to APD.
When officers asked Humble for a motive for running away, he told officers that he “was just trying to have fun,” and then asked the officers if they “had fun.”
A record check discovered that Humble was on probation out of Shasta County for a charge of resisting arrest.
Humble was arrested and charged with:
• Prison eligible felony evading a police officer
• Evading a peace officer on the wrong side of the roadway
• Reckless driving
• Resisting arrest
• Driving without a valid driver’s license
• Violation of his probation
Humble’s 1993 Isuzu Trooper was also impounded.
- ‘Just trying to have fun’: Man says after a pursuit with Anderson PD
- Oroville Police arrest man after foot pursuit
- Alleged Drug User Passes Out Inside Stolen U-Haul Truck While Anderson PD Patrol
- Anderson Man Turns 105 Years Old
- Fantasy Fun Run to Benefit Caper Acres
- Impressive K-9 from Anderson Police
- Anderson man arrested for theft and firing handgun
- Shooting suspect on the run in Anderson, one man arrested
- Police Arrest Man for Chasing Woman from Redding to Anderson
- Anderson Man Arrested for Pulling a Fake Gun