You know winter weather is here when it's time to open the Paradise ice rink.
The rink is back up at Terry Recreation Ashe Center off of the skyway, right in the heart of the town of paradise.
The final preps are being made on the ice rink which opens to the public Friday at noon.
This is the fifth year for the rink set-up, and you're invited to hit the ice regardless of your skill level on skates.
According to the Superintendent the rink is for young skaters and inexperienced skaters. He said that they have walkers you can lean on to maneuver yourself around the rink, so even if you're uncomfortable on skates, you can still come out and expect to have a good time.
The rink will be open seven days a week through January 15th.
Daily admission is $12 for unlimited skating, or you can look into a season pass plan.
- It’s that time of year, the Paradise Ice Rink opens Friday
- Paradise Ice Rink is up and running
- Honoring a Paradise veteran
- Paradise Breakfast with Santa
- Paradise woman turns 100
- Paradise Elderly Man Found
- Paradise vape store vandalized for the second time
- Tough times for people Paradise Pines RV park
- Outdoor recreation and fishing exhibit opens in Paradise
- Paradise Chocolate Fest Returns to the Ridge for 13th Year