CHICO, Calif. - The Butte County Coroner released the identity of the man killed by an Amtrak train on August 18 as Jesus Espinosa, 25, of Chico.
The incident occurred around 2:30 a.m. on Saturday, August 18, when Espinosa's vehicle collided with an Amtrak passenger train on the tracks near West Sacramento Avenue in Chico.
Chico Police received a call early that morning from witnesses describing a vehicle with extensive damage near the tracks.
Espinosa was taken to Enloe Medical Center following the incident, where he was later pronounced dead. None of the Amtrak passengers or crew members were injured.
- Identity Released of Man Killed by Amtrak Train in Chico
- Amtrak Train Collides with Car, Killing One
- Identity Released of Pedestrian Killed by Train in Redding
- Amtrak train evacuated after man locks himself in bathroom
- High speed Amtrak train derails near Tacoma, Wash.
- Identity Revealed of Dozer Operator Killed in Carr Fire
- Announcing the Redding Identity Project
- Chico homeless man killed in Hit & Run
- Amtrak ready to accommodate holiday travelers
- Chico Animal Shelter closed for staff training