REDDING, Calif. - A procession will be held Thursday for former Redding Fire Chief Gerry Gray along with a funeral later that day.
The procession will depart at 10:30 a.m. at the Redding Convention Center it will then go to westbound Highway 44 to Shasta Street, south on California, Gold, Market and Cypress Streets.
It will then head towards southbound Interstate 5 which will enter the exit at North Main Street, Red Bluff.
The ceremony will continue to travel all of Main Street to Luther Road, where it will end at High Point Assembly of God after 11:30 a.m.
Erick Mattson, a fire captain from the Redding Fire Department says there will be a lot of agencies attending the event.
“We have all eight Redding fire engines and our ladder truck that will be in procession. And then we have also apparatus from up and down the state that are coming to show their respects. And they'll be in line so we anticipate anywhere from 40 to 60 fire engines ambulance, law enforcement vehicles and various other agencies to come and show their support for chief Gerry Gray,” Mattson said.
- Funeral and Procession for former Redding Fire Chief Gerry Gray
- CONTINUING COVERAGE: Funeral Being Held in Red Bluff For Late Redding Fire Chief Gerry Gray
- Memorial Services Planned for Redding Fire Chief Gerry Gray
- Public Viewing for Beloved Redding Fire Chief Gerry Gray
- Beloved Redding Fire Chief Dies at 54
- Redding Warehouse Fire
- Veterans Process Military Experiences Through Art
- Chico City Council appoints new fire chief
- City of Marysville Announces New Fire Chief
- Hundreds gather for Barbara Bush's funeral