Photo Gallery 4 Images
Chico, Calif. - Family and friends are rallying to help a Chico couple, whose one year old daughter is fighting cancer at U.C. Davis Medical Center.
Little Madelyn O'Brien is undergoing chemotherapy after being diagnosed with stage 2 Sacrococcygral Tereatoma, a rare germ cell tumor, located at the base of her tailbone. She was first diagnosed with a cancerous tumor while still in the womb, at just 18 weeks. It was removed when she was four days old, but returned. It's hoped chemotherapy will help prevent the tumor from growing and the cancer from spreading.
Madelyn's Mother, Vanessa, is not working so she can be with her daughter during treatments. And while her father, Devin, is working full time and looking after the couple's 4 yar old son, medical costs are mounting the family is struggling financially.
A You Caring fundraising page has been launched. And a big fundraiser is planned at the Round Table Pizza Clubhouse on Pillsbury Road in Chico starting at 5 p.m. on Wednesday, April 25th. There will be a bake sale and raffle (donated items from local stores) and Round Table will donate 25% of all sales to the O'Brien family.
You can Visit the You Caring online fundraising page here.
- Fundraiser to Benefit Chico Toddler Fighting Cancer
- Concert benefits Thermalito girl with cancer
- Benefit for Durham teen battling cancer
- Chico State hosting a 24-hour fundraising effort
- 17th annual Chico Empty Bowls fundraiser
- Fundraiser Saturday for Congregation Beth Israel in Chico
- Chico High School Fundraiser for Sober Grad Night
- 'Fight against breast cancer' walk at Bidwell Park
- Masqueerade Ball to benefit Stonewall Alliance in Chico
- Appraisal Faire in Chico to benefit AAUW's Tech Trek