Oroville, Calif.-- Butte County Sheriff's officers are at the scene of a shooting off the 100 block of Parham Road.
According to the Sheriff's office, a homeowner arrived on scene and found someone breaking in. He grabbed a rifle and chased the man into a trailer on the property.
The Sheriff's office says it was the homeowner's son who was armed with a large steel pipe.
The son approached him with the pipe and authorities say three shots were fired. The son was hit in the left leg with a non-life-threatening injury.
He was taken to the hospital. Once he is able to get out, he will be arrested for violating parole, burglary, one count of burglary (at a previous time) and assault with a deadly weapon.
The Sheriff's office is not releasing the name of the man shot.
- Father, Son Shooting in Oroville
- UPDATE: Oroville shooting victim identified
- Father and Son in Law Enforcement Recreate 20-Year-Old Photo
- Oroville Student Arrested After School Shooting Threat
- Lightning strikes Oroville home
- Juneteenth Celebrations in Oroville
- Lake Oroville Spillway Update
- Investigators need help finding suspects in south Oroville shooting
- Oroville police searching for suspect after shooting leaves one dead
- Woman arrested on murder charges after fatal shooting in Oroville