Fairfield, Calif.-- A sickening story out of Solano County this morning.
A Fairfield mother on the defense as her husband is charged with torturing her 10 young children.
She says she is standing by him.
Police say what they found could only be described as horrific.
Shirin Rajaeee reports.
This is a look inside the home on Fieldstone Court where the 10 children lived.
Fairfield Police said it was filthy and conditions were unsafe, including garbage, spoiled food on the floor, animal and human feces.
The kid’s mother, 31-year old Ina Rogers was arrested on child endangerment charges back in March after police searched the home when her 12 year old boy went missing.
She explains the mess, that fear set in that my son may be missing, so I ripped up my whole house, lifted up their beds.
The boy was eventually found safe sleeping under a bush in a neighbor's yard, but that's when police discovered 9 more children from 4months old to the age of 12, and placed all 10 in protective custody.
After weeks of interviews the Solano County District Attorney's Office charged the children's father Jonathon Allen with 7 counts of torture and 9 counts of child abuse.
The children describe intentional abuse resulting in puncture wounds, burns, bruising, injuries consistent with being shot with a pellet gun, or B.B. gun.
Allegations that Rogers says are outrageous.
They were kids, they had bumps and bruises like any typical child, but no abuse or torture marks.
Neighbor after neighbor in this seemingly quiet Fairfield neighborhood say they never even knew the couple had children.
Rogers now coming to her husband's defense saying, “He's a wonderful husband, a wonderful father and we're gonna light to the end, until we get them back and get cleared of all these allegations.”
All ten children are now with members of Rogers' family.
Stay with Action News Now for Coverage you can Count on. SIGN UP: Get our daily newsletter
- Fairfield Father Charged with Torturing 10 Children
- Found shackled and emaciated, children of torture suspects are freed
- Ex-deputy charged with murder of father of lover's children
- Meghan McCain to Liz Cheney: 'My father doesn't need torture explained to him'
- 14-year-old girl charged in father's death
- Father of five dies in house fire after rescuing children
- Mom pleads no contest in toddler daughter's 'torture' death
- California torture case raises questions about home school regulation
- America will have to confront its past on torture
- Brother of Parkland shooter accuses county of 'torture,' files lawsuit