LOS ANGELES (AP) - The FX channel says it's ordered a scripted dance musical series starring Evan Peters, Kate Mara and James Van Der Beek.
FX said Wednesday that the series, titled "Pose," will include what it called an unprecedented number of LGBTQ and transgender actors in ongoing roles.
The channel says the show is set in New York City in the 1980s, amid the "luxury Trump-era universe" and other social and literary circles.
Series co-creator Ryan Murphy, of "Glee" and "American Horror Story" fame, described the show as an exploration of what he called the "universal quest" for identity, family and respect.
FX says the first season of "Pose" will include eight episodes. The show is scheduled to start production in February and debut in summer 2018.
- FX orders dance musical series 'Pose,' set in '80s New York
- Chico honors fallen officer after 80 years
- Physical music sales surpass digital downloads of music in 2017
- Damburger Celebrates 80 Years Serving the Redding Community
- Free gospel music workshop in Chico
- Herreid Music in Chico closing down
- Copyright board boosts songwriters' music streaming fees
- Inspire presents 42nd Street for Spring Musical
- Music enthusiasts compete in fiddle competition
- Sunny Skies for Wildflower Music Festival Saturday