Terra Fuego Resource Foundation is conducting a prescribed burn to reduce hazardous fuel buildup between Butte Creek and the Forest Ranch Community. The burn is the product of funding provided by the Sierra Nevada Conservancy, in cooperation with the Sacramento River Watershed Program (SRWP), CSU Chico Professor Don Hankins, Firestorm Wildland Fire Suppression (FWFS) and the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Redding field office.
The burn is expected to take place Wednesday, Feb. 14th through Friday the 16th, pending environmental conditions. The project grant, awarded to the SRWP and executed by Terra Fuego, is designed to address conditions that create intense summer wildfires, improve forest structure and diversity, and to improve water storage and quantity by decreasing unhealthy accumulation of trees and shrubs that create high run-off during peak rain season and high draw during growth season.
- Controlled burn to improve watershed project Forrest Ranch Community
- Forest Ranch Controlled Burn
- Open Fire Burning near Mendocino National Forrest
- Control Burn at Stumps Field
- Control Burn Planned near Cohasset
- Control Burn Scheduled in Oroville
- Controlled burn scheduled in Butte County
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia: Cancelled
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia Postponed
- Control Burn in the Thermalito Area