Photo Gallery 1 Images
UPDATE: 5/16/2018 11:32 a.m.
Butte County, Calif.—The control burn in Magalia has been cancelled.
Butte County, Calif.—Cal Fire Butte County Fire Department would like the public to be aware of a controlled burn that will take place on Wednesday May 16th.
Cal Fire Butte County Fire Department will be conducting a 15 acre controlled burn on Steiffer Road in Magalia.
The control burn will begin at 10 a.m. and last most of the day.
The burn will provide training and reduce hazardous vegetation to maintain a shaded-fuel break around the facility.
Reducing forest fuels during the spring months will lessen the impacts of wildfires occurring during periods of high fire danger.
Smoke from this control burn will be highly visible in northern Butte County.
Stay with Action News Now for Coverage you can Count On through wildfire season.
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia: Cancelled
- Control Burn Scheduled in Magalia Postponed
- Controlled burn scheduled in Butte County
- Forest Ranch Controlled Burn
- Traffic Controls Scheduled Through Chico State
- CAL FIRE ‘Fill the Boot’ in Magalia
- Magalia stabbing suspect on the loose
- Shed Fire Spreads to Vegetation in Magalia
- Paradise & Magalia residents confused by mystery powder
- UPDATE: Magalia Man Barricades Himself Inside Residence