Rain or shine, the Colors of Cancer 3K Color run/Walk will kick-start the 2018 season leading up to May's Relay for Life in Chico.
The Colors event begings at 9:30 a.m. with the run starting at 10 a.m. in the United Healthcare parking lot, at 2080 East 20th Street.
It's all a benefit tor the American Cancer Society. The entry fee is $25 for adults and $10 for kids 12 & under, and includes a t-shirt. Veterans will receive free entry and a t-shirt with their military i.d.
You can register at www.crowdrise.com/ColorsofCancer3KcolorRunWalk or at the event itself.
The celebration of color honors cancer survivors. In addition to the walk and run, during which participants are 'splashed' with colored cornstartch, there will also be games for the kids, food, music, and a selfie station.
The Relay for Life movement is the world's largest fundraising event to fight cancer in every community. In Chico the theme for the May 5th and 6th event is "Cruisin' for a Cure". It takes place at Pleasant Valley High School. To learn more about participating visit www.relayforlife.org/chicoca.
- Colors of Cancer Color Run is Saturday in Chico
- Fundraiser to Benefit Chico Toddler Fighting Cancer
- Butte County Toy run is Saturday
- Farm City Harvest Festival in Chico Saturday
- Chico homeless man killed in Hit & Run
- Orland Man to Run Across the Country for Cancer Awareness
- Fundraiser Saturday for Congregation Beth Israel in Chico
- Chico Holidays Together drop-off Saturday at Shuberts
- More Than 100 Entries in Chico's Pioneer Day Parade Saturday
- Chico "Hooked on Fishing Not Drugs!" is Saturday