Redding, Calif. -- The City of Redding is flying a brand new symbol Tuesday night as they unveiled the new city flag.
The city of Redding has a lot to offer people from the Sundial Bridge, to its outdoor activities, and dozens of eateries.
But the Redding officials says the old city flag just didn’t show the joy and pride the city has to offer.
"It’s what experts call a seal on a bedsheet, so obviously if you were a long ways away you can think its anyone’s flag," said Vice Mayor Francie Sullivan.
So with the help of the Catalyst of Redding Young Professionals the groups ventured off to find a flag to represent the city.
Now, one year later, the city had the chance to raise a new flag.
It was designed by Redding native Ashley Boban, to represent the blue sky, bodies of water, the scorching sun, and the Sundial Bridge.
"I love living in Redding. I love running into other people that live here. So I'm hoping we will see these flags all over town," said Sullivan.
"We got a good representation of our city and all the great things for it so exciting to see,"said Emily Applecamp.
"Oh I think its great she did a wonderful job," add father of the artist Mike Boban.
The Catalyst Redding Young Professionals say they will soon be selling merchandise with the flag so everyone can enjoy.
The website for that is http://reddingcityflag.com/
- Redding Introduces New City Flag
- Redding Rancheria Tribal Government Officials introduced
- Red Flag Warning around the 'Carr Fire'
- Oroville City Council Introduces Two Cannabis Ordinances
- Red Flag Warnings increases So Cal fire threat again today
- Mountain showers tonight & A Red Flag Warning ahead for Saturday
- Florida suspect's red flags weren't enough to stop gun buy
- Cal Fire Urges Caution this Red Flag Weekend
- 2 Red Flag Warnings in place for Northern California today
- The threat of thunderstorms prompts a Red Flag Warning tonight