ANTIOCH, Calif. (AP) - Police in Northern California say a 4-year-old girl was killed and her 2-year-old sister was critically injured when a stolen pickup truck crashed against their vehicle.
KTVU reports 23-year-old Noe Saucedo, of Pittsburg, was arrested on one count of murder and two counts of felony evading in Wednesday's crash in Antioch, which also injured the girls' mother.
The Contra Costa County Sheriff's Office says Saucedo was driving a stolen pickup truck when a deputy spotted it on a highway and began following it without activating his emergency lights.
It says Saucedo exited the highway and moments later went through a red light at a high speed and collided with the girls' pickup truck.
Saucedo is being held on $1 million bail. It was not immediately clear if has an attorney.
- Child dies after being hit by stolen truck; driver arrested
- Truck stolen from Chico found in Magalia, suspect arrested
- Man's Truck Stolen From Hospital Parking Lot: Found Stripped
- Stolen bear spray leads to stolen car, 3 arrested
- Overturned semi-truck blocking both lanes of southbound Highway 99, driver arrested
- Caught on Camera: Truck driver falls off Kentucky overpass
- Convicted Felon Arrested with Stolen Firearm
- US sailor hit by helicopter blade dies
- DUI arrest while another DUI driver hits a patrol vehicle nearby
- CHP: DUI hit-and-run driver arrested after head-on crash at Oro Bangor Hwy