At 1:45 Thursday morning, dispatchers received a horrifying phone call.
Reportedly a young woman came home to find her partner, dead.
"We received 911 call about a subject down in the 1500 block of North Cherry inside a residential apartment," said Chief Mike O'Brien.
Police quickly arrived on scene.
"Officers found a white male, 26 years old. He was deceased. It's considered suspicious in nature at this time," said O'Brien.
Chico Police Department's detective bureau is leading the investigation.
So far we know that police have the identity of the man, and he is a Chico resident.
"What we believe the cause of death to be, which we're not releasing at this time, yes we believe it is highly suspicious," said O'Brien.
Without ruling anything out, investigators are searching for suspects in what they believe was a homicide.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Chico Police Department.
- Chico man found dead in apartment on Cherry Street
- Cherry Street shooting victim identified
- Missing Chico woman found dead
- Missing Redding Man Found Dead
- First Ever Redding Cherry Blossom Festival
- MISSING MAN FOUND: Chico Police Searching for Missing Man
- Farming accident leaves one man dead in Chico
- CHP: Chico man dead after suspected DUI motorcycle crash
- Dead body of Marysville man found in lake
- Man found dead in the snow in Mount Shasta