The race is on, four candidates running for California’s first congressional district all met Saturday at the Chico Women's Club to introduce their campaigns, in hopes of replacing current incumbent Doug LaMalfa.
The forum began at 1 p.m. Saturday afternoon on Third Street, 200 attendees were treated to music, food and different opinions on how to make a difference in the North State.
Action News Now spoke to two Democratic candidates who reacted to both the recent gas petition by Congressman LaMalfa and the turnout for Saturday’s event.
"I really wanted to instead of talking gas tax with the owner outside I wanted to get in there and talk to the clerk inside and talk about how they work do they get to have a reasonable schedule do they get paid reasonal,” said Marty Walters, a candidate running for the congressional seat.
“I’m thrilled with the turnout today were right here in downtown Chico just blocks from my home where I live I’ve been a Chico resident for years I’m especially thrilled for the millennials that are out,” Audrey Denney, a candidate running for the congressional seat.
They talked issues ranging from voting record same-sex marriage and the economy.
Congressman LaMalfa is in favor of repealing that California gas tax and has served in Congress since 2013.
The event apparently ended at 4 p.m. Saturday.
For future events click here.
- Chico Women's Club hosts congressional candidate forum
- Candidate Forum Hacked With Homosexual Porn
- Catastrophic Emergency Forum in Chico Tuesday
- Democratic Congressional Candidate Helps Donate to Carr Fire Relief
- Chico Mall hosts blood drive
- 4-H club hosts Orland ‘Bowl-A-Thon’
- Shasta Kennel Club hosts inaugural dog show
- Paradise Shrine Club Hosts Free Medical Clinic
- Chico Velo Club Installs Bicycle Pumps
- Chico Elks Lodge host of Veterans