Chico State officials intend to appoint their interim police chief to the position permanently, instead of going through a national recruitment process.
Chief John Reid says he's interested in the job.
He's been interim chief since early September.
Before that he was Chief of Police at CSU Channel Island and at the University of Wisconsin whitewater.
A graduate of the FBI academy, he's had 36 years of law enforcement experience, which includes 25 years in university settings.
The university will review comments from staff before the decision is final, but it's hoped Reid will become the permanent Chief on December 27th.
- Chico State gets a new Police Chief
- New Chico State Police Chief starts
- Police investigate shooting near Chico State campus
- Chico City Council appoints new fire chief
- BloodSource Drive at Chico State
- Enrollment increases at Chico State
- Chico State opens new exhibit
- New Era in Mental Health Response: Chico Police Chief introduces "Mobile Crisis Unit"
- Chico State Police report a robbery and are warning students
- Paradise has New Acting Police Chief