The Chico Fire Department is investigating what caused a massive fire and explosions to erupt Tuesday night in North Chico.
The fire started at around 11 p.m. in the area of 2700 Rockin M Drive and Troy Lane. Three to five trailers and an outbuilding are believe to have been destroyed. Sevearl gas cylinders exploded during the fire as well. Chico Fire evacuated the entire neighborhood of Troy Lane momentarily, for fear that the fire would spread. Everyone was let back into their homes at around 12:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Chico Fire says no one was injured, but several pets are missing. Action News Now spoke to neighbors on scene, who tell us this isn't the first time a fire started on the property.
Chico Fire investigators are now investigating the cause of the fire. This is a developing story, check back for more details.
- Chico Fire investigating fire that destroyed several trailer homes
- Fire destroys home in Oroville
- Chico home near Dayton road destroyed by fire
- Fire that destroyed historic Davenport home now under criminal investigation
- Fire destroys mobile home in Oroville
- Fire destroys home in New Britain
- Bangor home destroyed in Saturday morning fire
- Strangers offer up house after fire destroys Leawood family's home
- Perry County fire destroys home, leaving two families homeless
- Chico Fire investigating "suspicious" fire at south campus area business