Chico, Calif. - Janice Condon, a 77 year old Occupational Therapist from Chico, has penned a fun yet informational book for children called "Lulu Meets the King of Poo".
It's about a girl named LuLu who is anxious about her science report and gets a tummy ache. She falls asleep and has an amazing dream ... she swallows herself! That's when "Emily Enzyme" takes her on an "incredible digestivle" tour.
This imaginative book introduces youngsters to existence of "gut flora" and its importance in human health through the microbial world inside us. It is illustrated by the talented Steve Ferchaud of Paradise.
Condon has read her book to local school children, and teachers are incorporating it into their science curriculum. She is now working on a second book called "LuLu How Do You".
- Chico Author Pens Children's Book
- Blind lamb inspires children's book, teaches compassion
- Teachers give free books to young Chico kids
- Redding book lovers gather for bimonthly book sale
- Chico Children's Museum one Step Closer to Opening
- Chapman Elementary hosts Books and Blanket Night
- Book Signing Benefit for Local Scholarships
- President Trump lashes at 'Fire and Fury' book and Bannon
- Sheriff's Office publishes book documenting the Oroville Dam Spillway Crisis