SHASTA COUNTY, Calif. - Cal Fire says a burn operation for the Carr Fire began at 10 a.m. Tuesday in hopes of strengthening containment lines.
Firefighters will begin the task around the fire that has already burned more than 200-thousand acres.
Cal fire says an added plume of smoke will be visible for the next five days around Lake Head, west of Shasta Lake and Interstate 5.
- Carr Fire Burn Operation Causes Visible Smoke Around Shasta Lake
- Weather During the 'Carr Fire' Burning in Shasta County
- Destructive ‘Carr Fire’ Rips Through Shasta County
- Shasta County DA Makes 9 Carr Fire Arrests in Undercover Sting Operation
- Corner Fire Burns in Shasta County
- Hirz Fire impacts Shasta Lake Businesses
- Identity Revealed of Dozer Operator Killed in Carr Fire
- 'County Fire' Pushes Smoke to Shasta County, Poor Air Quality
- Shasta County Postal Offices Temporarily Closed by Carr Fire
- Carr Fire Forces Week-Long Closure of Shasta County Courts