Durham, Calif.--A man is lucky to be alive tonight after crashing into a hardware store in Durham.
The crash happened just after 6:00 and luckily, no one was injured.
The California Highway Patrol said that an elderly man may have been suffering a medical emergency when he drove his truck into reverse into the Tozier's True Value Paint and Hardware store on Durham Dayton Highway.
The building did sustain a lot of damage, and a store employee told me the car managed to drive almost three aisles into the store.
Luckily, no one was inside at the time.
The CHP said that when they arrived the man was breathing, but he was unresponsive.
Many were shocked to see what happened.
"Well 40 years being here this is the first exciting thing that happened but we're thankful that no one was home and the person that was in the hospital made it to the hospital and everything, so there's a first time for everything I guess," said Ryan Boe, an employee at the store.
"Well I think it's crazy for a small town especially for a small town like durham and stuff, we don't really get too much action like this so I think it's crazy," said Evan Guyllen, a witness to the incident.
As a precaution, the man was taken to enloe hospital, but the CHP said he was not injured.
Though they beleive he may have been suffering from a medical emergency, they said the cause remains under investigation.
- Car crashes into hardware store in Durham
- Hardware employees save a woman's life
- Driverless car slams into store
- Durham girls freeze Winters 52-29
- Big Rig crash on Durham Dayton Highway in Chico
- Vehicle rollover leaves 1 injured near Durham
- Durham, Fall River capture volleyball section titles
- Durham volleyball eliminated from state playoffs
- Gridley boy's basketball team defeats Durham 68-44
- Durham boy's basketball team downs Anderson 44-32