RENO, Nev. (AP) - Authorities are asking for help in locating a Northern California man who went missing after falling into an irrigation pipe southwest of Lake Tahoe.
KTVN-TV reports Tory Robert Mayes has been missing since Monday after the El Dorado County Sheriff's Office says he fell into a pipe that carries raw water from Jenkinson Lake to a water treatment plant in the Pollock Pines community.
Authorities say they believe the Pollock Pines resident fell through an air vent of the El Dorado Irrigation District's conduit pipe. Deputies searched the area but have been unable to find the man.
Authorities say the irrigation district immediately started reducing water flow to the plant while authorities searched for Mayes. Water officials have since resumed operations at the plant.
- California man goes missing after falling into water pipe
- Construction worker dies in Sandy after concrete pipe falls on him
- 13-Year-Old Boy Found 'Alive and Talking' After Falling Into Griffith Park Drainage Pipe
- Austin killer used pipe bombs, source says
- Southern California mudslides: 17 dead, others missing
- 3 remain missing in deadly California mudslides
- Nestle warned it lacks rights to California spring water
- California Water Service names new district manager for Chico
- Trains disrupted as mud, water cover California tracks
- Skydiver killed after falling onto roof in California